USM 36 is a lightweight and compact ultrasonic flaw detector, perfectly upgraded from the classic USM 35
USM 36 is particularly suitable for:
● Positioning and evaluation of material defects;
● Wall thickness measurement;
● Save and document test results.
The USM 36 flaw detector is designed for use in almost all defect inspections and involves multiple industries, including aerospace, power generation, automotive, and oil and gas. Its uses include:
Weld inspection ● Trigonometric function projection;
Forging and casting inspection ● Manual PRF (pulse repetition frequency) adjustment ● Pseudo echo ● DGS
Rail detection ● High PRF (up to 2000Hz)
● Lightweight: 850g
● Small ergonomic design composite material detection ● RF display ● Double gates A and B
● Gate B is triggered by events of Gate A. More demanding applications ● Narrow band-pass filter ● Low noise digital amplifier ● Optional square wave pulse transmitter ● DAC (TCG) with a slope of 120 dB / μs
● Bottom wave attenuation (BEA)
Options You can select different extension options to extend the basic functions of the USM flaw detector, and these options can be enabled by corresponding codes.
USB 36 Base Flaw Detector ● Basic version for general ultrasonic testing work.
USM 36 AWS Flaw Detector ● Amplitude evaluation specified by AWS D1.1 standard for welding inspection.
USM 36 DAC Flaw Detector ● EN 1712, EN 1713, EN 1714, ASME and ASME III standard DAC amplitude evaluation can use up to 16 points; in accordance with the standard JIS Z3060.
● DAC (TCG) 110 dB dynamic ● DAC (BEA) 120 dB / μs slope
USM 36 DGS Flaw Detector ● DGS Amplitude Evaluation in Accordance with Standard EN 1712 USM 36 Flaw Detector with Airborne Data Logger ● Recording and documentation of measured values in linear and grid file modes
USM 36 Flaw Detector with Square Wave Pulse Transmitter ● Fine-tuning of initial pulse parameters;
● Voltage setting: 120… 300V, 10V increment;
● Pulse duration is set to 30 ... 500ns in 10ns increments;
● PRF (pulse repetition frequency);
● The third gate (Gate C).
Special functions of USM 36 flaw detector ● Lightweight;
● Dustproof and waterproof enclosure reaches IP66 level;
● Using lithium-ion battery, both internal and external charging, long working time (13 hours)
● Lightweight, equipped with a non-slip ratchet drive bracket, which can also be used as a handle;
● Knob for directly adjusting the gain or changing the currently selected function;
● Two independent gates for accurate wall thickness measurement from the material surface to the first echo, or between two ground waves, including measurement of coated steel with 0.01mm (to 100mm) resolution
● Zoom gate: expand the gate range to the entire display range;
● High-resolution color display (800 * 480 pixels) for displaying digital signals;
● The gates and corresponding readings are displayed in color for easy differentiation;
● When oblique probes are used for changing the A-scan or the background color of each reflection point, the reflection geometry is easy to perceive;
● 8GB large capacity SD card. Can use 16GB SD card;
● Extended calibration range: Depending on the frequency range, it can reach a maximum of 9999 mm (steel);
● Semi-automatic two-point calibration;
● The pulse repetition frequency is adjustable, and it can be divided into 3 steps: "Auto Low", "Medium", and "High", or manually adjusted to 5Hz steps.
● Optional connection of pseudo echo detector;
● Select the frequency range according to the connected probe;
● Signal display: full wave detection, positive or negative half wave detection, radio frequency detection;
● Seven user-selectable measurement values are displayed at the top of the A-scan, one of which is displayed in the zoom mode
USM 36 specifications
Previous: Automotive spot welding analyzer